SIR Strategic Projects 2015-2019
The Italian Society of Reumatology (SIR) has individuated the issue of early diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases for its importance and has therefore promoted clinical research in rheumatic diseases in the early phase as fundamental activities included in the 2013-2014 strategic programme.
To this end, 5 parallel projects have been developed on different rheumatic diseases that have been identified as priorities for patients, for rheumatologists, and also for the SIR: rheumatoid arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, crystal-induced arthritis, systemic sclerosis and osteoarthritis.
The development of research projects was entrusted to project leaders of recognised experience in these fields with the task of using the resources available within the SIR (such as SIR study groups, SIR study centres, or special groups of experts) to conceive, design and implement the various projects.
- MITRA Project - Methotrexate in Italian patients wiTh Rheumatoid Arthritis
- LIRE Project - Lupus Italian REgistry
- ATTACk Project - Assessing The diagnosis and TreAtment of Crystal-induced arthritis
- SPRING Project - Systemic sclerosis Progression INvestiGation
- ESORT Project - Early symptomatic Osteoarthiris RegisTer